Monday, September 7, 2009

A Labor Free Treat

Baked Martha's Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes and brought them to a Labor Day holiday BBQ and pool party yesterday.

They were a hit.

I wanted to take on this recipe because I already had most of the ingredients. I only had to pick up the cream cheese and sour cream.

Best of all, the cheesecakes were easy and quick to make.

This surprised me because Martha is not known for easy recipes. I tried to make her frosting once. It flopped and the ingredients separated. I had to throw the whole thing away.

I also tried my hand at her crepe paper black-eyed susan kit. It took me a all day to cut and assemble the 18 artificial flowers to fill a vase.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I took on her Cookie and Cream Cheesecakes. No hiccups along the way.

You just beat the cream cheese. Then gradually add sugar, vanilla, eggs, sour cream and salt. Then, stir in chopped Oreo cookies by hand. The recipe doesn't call for much. And yet, it yields 40 or so dense, creamy cheesecakes.

I placed one whole Oreo cookie at the bottom of each cupcake liner to form the perfect base. The combination of the sandwich cookie + cheesecake batter made for the right cookies-and-cream taste.

An “A” Martha recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment