Sunday, September 13, 2009

Onolicious

Success!

My second attempt at kalua pork turned out light years different than the first. The meat fell off the bone when I poked it with a fork. Just as it should. The pork was so moist and tender. I transferred it to a casserole dish and easily shredded the meat with two forks.

I beamed with joy.

I made a mental note to put this recipe on regular rotation. I love it because the recipe calls for few ingredients and requires little prep. Within a few minutes, I can stick the prepared pork in the oven and forget about it for 4 hours. The oven does all of the work.

Oh, and the smell. The scent of slowly cooking pork pervaded my entire kitchen and adjoining living room.

It's so delicious that I had to resist the urge to sneak a peek.

It's a good think that I let it be because the result is salty pork goodness. Enough for many meals for a couple of two. We enjoy ours with King's Hawaiian sweet rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment